At New Leaf Tree Service, our tree climbers are highly trained, skilled, and experienced with tree pruning. They are trained by the International Society of Arboriculture’s strict pruning standards (ANSI A300), which yields trees that are beautiful, healthy, and structurally sound.
Please call (843) 603-8696 for a free estimate on safe, efficient tree pruning.
Tree pruning may be needed for young or mature trees for a number of reasons. Tree pruning techniques can help improve the structural integrity, beauty, and health of your trees. Whether you have trees that are growing out of control or a specific safety concern, an experienced tree service company can help you enjoy the many advantages of tree pruning.
Proper tree pruning offers benefits for:
- Improving health by preventing disease and fungus from infecting other areas of the tree
- Enhancing the natural beauty and appearance of your trees
- Proper growth for younger trees to improve structural integrity
- Reducing the risk of property damage or injury from fallen branches
The specific methods and tree pruning techniques that are needed depends on your area of concern. Whether you want to encourage healthy growth, prevent damage to a structure, or open up the view, there are specific pruning techniques that can be used to achieve that goal.
Effective tree pruning methods include:
- Crown reduction: Reduces the overall size of the tree’s canopy
- Crown raising: Removes the lowest branches to open views and enhance curb appeal
- Crown thinning: Removes up to 20% of the canopy to allow wind to move freely, which can help protect against storm and wind damage
- Crown cleaning: Takes out dead, damaged, diseased, or weak branches to strengthen the tree and prevent disease and decay
- Directional pruning: Encourages branches to grow in a specific direction, such as away from a building or another tree
- Dead wood removal: Removes dead wood that will eventually fall and cause damage or provide an entry point for disease and decay to enter the tree
Safe and effective tree pruning requires selecting the right method and knowing where and how much to cut. Removing too much of the tree’s canopy can cause irreparable harm or kill the tree. There is a specific place on each branch where it is safe to cut and even small deviations can cause problems with growth or decay. For these reasons, don’t let anyone without sufficient training prune your trees.
Our tree climbers have many years of experience with tree pruning in Mount Pleasant, SC. They receive ongoing training in the best methods and techniques and never use harmful procedures, such as “lion tailing” or “crape murder,” to prevent harm to your trees.
Please contact New Leaf Tree Service at (843) 603-8696 to request a free estimate on tree pruning.
Meticulous Clean Up
Excellent Job Site Service
WC & GL Insured
ISA Certified Arborists
- • Mount Pleasant
- Tree Care Maintenance
- Guidelines & FAQs
- • Charleston
- Questions? We're here to assist!
- Plant Health Care
- • Isle of Palms
- • Sullivan’s Island
- • West Ashley
- • James Island
- • Goose Creek
- • Hanahan
- •North Charleston
- • Folly Beach
- • Daniel Island